What is Adegga?
Adegga is a Social Wine Discovery service. The idea is to take the complexity out of wine and allow people to discover wines based on other people’s choice.
Adegga also helps you organize your wines. You can keep track of wines you taste, make a wish list or organize your home cellar.
Adegga lets you build a personalized watch list so that you can keep track of what people on your list are choosing and tasting. You can add friends, wine bloggers, producers and just about anyone else. You can also add wine producers and wine shops to your personalized watch list so that you keep track of when a producer releases a new wine or a wine shop makes a promotion.
Why should I use Adegga?
Here’s a short list of situations where you can use Adegga.
- Keep track of wines in your cellar.
- See which wines you’ve tasted to check if you have tried a wine before.
- Check your wish list before your next visit to the wine shop.
- Read what people you trust think about a specific wine you want to try.
- Check if someone you trust has a specific bottle of wine.
- Lookup up prices for a wine you’re thinking of buying.
- Review that amazing wine shop you’ve just bought wine from.
- See what promotions your favourite wine shop is running this week.
- Read what wine bloggers are saying about a wine (soon).
There’s more that you can do on Adegga and there’s more that we want you to be able to do.
What technologies is Adegga using?
PHP, PEAR, Smarty and MySQL.
Any people you would like to thank to?
- Chris Anderson for creating something we believe in, The Long Tail.
- Stowe Boyd for all the brainstorming and support.
- Thomas Madsen-Mygdal for all the support and for creating a life-changing experience called Reboot.
- Tim Spalding of LibraryThing for the inspiration.
- Last but not least to our families, for all the time we were away (and will continue to be) building Adegga.